March 15, 2009



After going to about a handful and then some of art galleries in the past couple months, the question: "Really, this is good enough to be displayed as art?," often arises. From seeing random images drawn on brown paper bags with what looked like pen, to the random sayings on a piece of paper, to the 'how did they do that?' type art, and to the old fashioned acrylic paint job, I think I've gotten a grasp of what 'art' is, atleast in my opinion. To me, the definition of art is: whatever. Yes, whatever. All the crap I've posted above may or may not be considered art to some. But it seems like there are basically two steps in art. One - You, the artist, do whatever you want. Two - Hang it and let the audience interpret your work. Its fucking simple. Like KAWS, he's probably insanely rich, considering all he did was put cartoon gloves and a skull head on other people's works. I don't think he deserves the hype he gets, but that's just me. But even though I personally don't like their work, I do enjoy the creative process itself. I can appreciate the "what inspired you to make this piece?" mentality to it. And basically, its fun going to galleries and socializing and appreciating others' efforts. Well this is just me saying, I found a new hobby.
Oh and I know you like that self-portrait of me in the office. I call it: "WTF? I Hope That's Not an Angry Bear Massaging My Scalp." I got my inspiration from Ben Stiller's "Grab the Bull by the Horns" painting in Dodgeball. Now that's whatsup.
