January 27, 2008
The combination of me being sick and the extremely rainy weather has prevented me from working out for about a week. Yeah, it seems inevitable for me to blog about working out. Anyway, to many, missing a week of the gym is no big deal. But if you know me well enough, this week hiatus bugs me. Believe it or not:
- I like to workout.
- I workout on average 4 times a week, for the past 6 years.
- This week off is the longest break from working out I have had in a year.
Working out: the act of lifting metal to damage your muscles so they will grow in bigger size so ladies can eat them.
Now lets get this straight. I don't like to be known as the "buff guy". I don't workout to get bigger muscles. I workout to stay healthy. If I wanted to be a big muscle head, I'd be a lot bigger, think Vin Diesal. But I prefer the Tyler Durden look.
A lot of people ask me what they should eat on their diet or what they should do when they workout. I always gladly give my opinion/advice. But honestly, its not going to help if its only done on a once-in-a-while basis. I'm just saying. Just eat in moderation and go run occassionally.
Many people may or may not share the same reasons why they workout. But why do I workout so much? Well, this is kind of weird, but if I don't workout, I get skinny. I also get lazy, and unmotivated in the other things I do. This is probably because I've incorporated working out as part of my life. Its a part of my life just as much as basketball or even school. So with that said, working out really fuels my energy for the rest of my activities.
Example: If I'm studying/cramming for finals, I need that 1+ hours at the gym to relax. Otherwise, I get antsy and studying becomes unproductive.
In conclusion, being sick sucks, the rain should only occur in Nor Cal, and I'm going to go workout. Fuck. Nevermind, it's pouring. Errrrr!