November 6, 2009
The comparisons will never end but I’ve seen them both and Kobe’s not done yet. I love MJ, but I think my own biases to him have kept to me to believe he will be the best ever. I've blogged about this before, but I was uncertain back then. But when its all said and done, I am pretty sure, Kobe will be the Greatest of all time.
The players of today are much bigger, stronger and more athletic than they were when MJ played. Kobe has to deal with that on a nightly basis and he is still able to do what he does. MJ had the athleticism over everyone he ever played against, he never had to go up against guys bigger, stronger and just as athletic as he was like the way Kobe does now. If you put that into perspective, with the zone defense they’re allowed to play now, I really can't vote against Kobe.
No matter what people say about Kobe's character, you really can't take away from what he's done as a player. EVERY counter-part he has played against, he was better. When Iverson was in his prime, Kobe was better. When Carter was Vince-sanity, Kobe was better. When TMac rocked the black and blue, Kobe was better. Even now, Lebron, Wade... Kobe is still not giving up that crown. I guess Jordan had Hornacek, Hershey Hawking, Starks and Joe Dumars, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't too hard for him. Kobe won't win 5 MVP's, because these things are over looked. But if it takes Kobe 6 rings to show that he is the best ever, I'm pretty sure it will happen. Even then I don't think people will give him his rightful due.
I honestly used to hate Kobe. I am not even a Lakers fan. But as a basketball junky, I know great when I see it. As for total dominance in an era, Jordan has that hands down. No ones dominated a sport like that with the exception of Tiger has with golf. Because of that fact, he may be the G.O.A.T. But from what I've seen Kobe do, I refuse to agree.
81 points is a hell of a statement.
Just if you were curious, I dug up their head-to-head stats against one another.
Kobe:
PPG 22.8
RPG 4.4
APG 3.9
SPG 0.9
BPG 0.6
FG% .466
FT% .759
3P% .552
Turnovers 1.5
Min 29.1
Wins 5
PPG 22.8
RPG 4.4
APG 3.9
SPG 0.9
BPG 0.6
FG% .466
FT% .759
3P% .552
Turnovers 1.5
Min 29.1
Wins 5
Jordan:
PPG 24.5
RPG 4.3
APG 3.6
SPG 1.1
BPG 0.5
FG% .436
FT% .750
3P% .300
Turnovers 2.0
Min 35.4
Wins 3
PPG 24.5
RPG 4.3
APG 3.6
SPG 1.1
BPG 0.5
FG% .436
FT% .750
3P% .300
Turnovers 2.0
Min 35.4
Wins 3
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
